Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Recommend... 2 NEW FILMS

It doesn’t happen a lot, but in the last week I had the chance to go to the cinema twice and watch two amazing films.

1.
DIANA VREELAND: THE EYE HAS TO TRAVEL. Documentary about the legendary editor of Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue (US) magazines. I will only say that she was an amazing woman that did not work in fashion but was fashion itself and made it what it is, that it was an amazing film and that I was smiling for 86 min, from the beginning to the end.

USA: In theaters now
ISRAEL: Was screened last month in Holon Fashion Week, hope it will get to theaters soon


Diana Vreeland
2.
ANNA KARENINA. I guess I shouldn’t even try to write what’s Tolstoy’s novel is about, and I admit I didn’t read it. I went to the cinema with no expectations because I tend to find this kind of films (19th century, big novels adaptations and Keira Knightley) too heavy (not sure that this is the right word). I just couldn’t move for its whole 130 min, but from a very good reason. It was a pleasure to the eyes, especially for film lovers, for fashion lovers, for theater lovers and for just lovers. Knightley had like a million different faces as Anna thanks to director Joe Wright and a great cast.

USA: In theaters from today
ISRAEL: In theaters from February 14th, 2013

Keira Knightley as Anna Karenina

Wishing for quiet
XO



No comments:

Post a Comment